SC - Eel?

Nanna Rögnvaldardóttir nannar at isholf.is
Thu Nov 4 14:50:27 PST 1999

>Don't know about my g-g-g-great granmama would have done it, but my "good
>broth" has been going for years.  What I do is on Saturday morning, I
>search
>the fridge for things that would be good,

well, whatever you do, don't add the trimmings from Asparagus.  If you do,
your Good Broth will be ruined.  You will have very Bad Broth indeed.
Personally, I'd rather not add cabbage or it's relatives either.  To me the
broth will taste like over-cooked cabbage for a long time, though it will
eventually evolve out of it as the weeks go by.

We used to do much like you do and keep a container of broth in the freezer,
but our current method of getting something you could call food into
everyone each night doesn't result in leftovers, esp. not the sort of
leftovers you can make into broth.  The only person with any time to cook is
the 12 year old, but I'm not willing to ask her to deal with it every night
of the week.  The15 yr old is finished with marching band in a week or two,
and my husband will have a different schedule next semester, so maybe we can
get back to eating real meals again.  This convoluted semester has cost us a
lot in time and money and lack of enjoyable meals.

Bonne