SC - Chocolate - Yes, the herald must die!

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Fri Nov 5 01:15:51 PST 1999

Gunthar asked:
> The gentleman that I'm preparing the buffet for has requested "Eel" at
> his
> vigil. I'm sure I have several recipes in my corpus but I was wondering
> if
> anyone has a particular favorite eel recipe. I was thinking of an eel
> pie since
> that was Henry VII's favorite but I have nothing nailed down yet.

> Any thoughts would be appreciated.

You might want to check this file in the FOOD section of my Florilegium:
eels-msg          (20K) 11/18/97    Eel dishes. Getting and cleaning eels.

> The menu so far reflects both Miguel's personna as well as his eating
> habits. He does not eat mammal, just fowl or fish. We are looking at
> Icelandic chickens, whitefish au gratin, fish balls in parsley sauce,
> mushroom
> pasties, gravlax, berry pudding w/whole cream, assorted veggie dishes.

Well, perhaps some of the comments and recipes in these files, also in
the FOOD section might be helpful:
chicken-msg      (138K)  9/27/99    Period and SCA chicken recipes.
fish-msg         (145K)  8/30/99    Medieval fish dishes. Fish in the SCA.
mushrooms-msg     (91K)  4/26/99    Period mushrooms. Recipes.

fish balls? Don't think I have any for those, but there is one for ram
balls in this file :-)  :
organ-meats-msg   (37K)  8/31/99    Period cooking of organ meats.

There is some info and I think recipes in this file for gravlax:
stockfish-msg     (72K)  8/30/99    Period preserved fish. Dried, smoked and
                                       salted fish. Recipes.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at: