SC - feast plates at odd lots

Tollhase1@aol.com Tollhase1 at aol.com
Sat Nov 6 05:40:08 PST 1999

Stefan li Rous wrote, quoting another gentleman:

> >         Food Grade Epoxy

<snip>

> > is rated from, I believe, 0F
> > to 185F. It's been tested as stable in these temperatures for anything from
> > high acid to low base, as long as it was edible. I might add that scalding hot
> > coffee is about 180F.

Just as a reference point -- I'm not sure what scalding hot means in
this case, but coffee at 180 degrees F will be simmering (i.e. have
visible blurping bubbles). It seems a little unlikely that coffee, even
freshly (as in immediately) brewed with boiling water, would be more
than 155 - 160 degrees F. Not a big deal, but a 20 - 25 degree margin of
error could make a big difference when you're talking chemicals.
Overall, though, epoxy sounds like a pretty good idea. But who drinks
coffee from a horn?

Adamantius (carefully packing his earthenware cup for whatever)
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com