SC - neat website

Marilyn Traber margali at 99main.com
Sat Nov 6 01:48:13 PST 1999

Philip & Susan Troy wrote:

> Just as a reference point -- I'm not sure what scalding hot means in
> this case, but coffee at 180 degrees F will be simmering (i.e. have
> visible blurping bubbles). It seems a little unlikely that coffee, even
> freshly (as in immediately) brewed with boiling water, would be more
> than 155 - 160 degrees F. Not a big deal, but a 20 - 25 degree margin of
> error could make a big difference when you're talking chemicals.

Or going through the drive-through at McDonald's. Didn't they peg the
temp of the coffee at close to 190 F?

Never touch the stuff myself- stomach lining objects, but to properly
make tea, the water must be at a true boil, which is Pretty Damn Hot.

Earthenware mugs are great. Fake pewter is a good way to get burnt. And
the Crabby Mug is fair warning to the unsuspecting, who imagine that
they might have rational conversation with me Before Tea. NOT.

'Lainie