SC - Blown eggs, was Chocolate

RuddR@aol.com RuddR at aol.com
Sun Nov 7 09:17:32 PST 1999

In a message dated 11/6/99 9:03:38 PM Eastern Standard Time, harper at idt.net
writes:

<< All of this, by the way, was done without benefit of a real kitchen.  The
 event was held in a high school cafeteria, and the event staff did *not*
 have access to the kitchen.  Some of it was precooked and was
 reheated over sterno burners, in a small portable microwave, or in
 crockpots.  Some of it was made on the spot, in electric frypans.  All of
 it was delicious. >>

And the circuits kept blowing, every time they turned on two appliances at
once.  And the propane stoves for some of the dishes didn't arrive until 3
pm, and one of them wouldn't work because it was too windy (they were set up
outdoors).  Kael was working under really difficult conditions, even more so
than most realized.  And he still did a fantastic job.  Not everything was
pre-cooked and reheated either; some of the dishes were made from scratch.

I had a great time, even though it took me longer to drive to and from the
event than I actually spent there.  And that's saying a lot, since I hate
driving long distances alone...

Brangwayna Morgan