SC - A different kind of historical recreation

Lurking Girl tori at panix.com
Mon Nov 8 13:59:51 PST 1999

His Redoubtable Grace Cariadoc chastized me thusly:

>Alys Katherine, of all people, asks:

>>Why not make the appropriate heraldic devices out of chocolate?

>The obvious response is "why not make them out of something used for
>such purposes in period?"

My reason for suggesting chocolate was because the Royalty (misguided though they
may be) had tried to declare chocolate "period".  I would agree that doing something
more accurate, such as sugar plate/paste, would be nice.  And folk did heraldic devices
from marzipan in Tudor/Elizabethan times.  Sometimes one just bows to what Royalty want.
(Okay, okay, David... I can hear you in my head and I should probably hope that we can
educate all the folk into wanting marzipan or sugar paste.  But... Sometimes my tummy
just wants coffee... Okay, David.  I hear you.  Not at an event; or, not in public.
Sigh-h-h.  I just hate it when he's right!)

I use Netcom and a brand-new computer.  Netcom doesn't seem to like sending things on, now,
since it addresses stuff to "owner-sca-cooks", or sends things back to the originator, not
the list it came from.  I'm too computer-illiterate to know how to fix anything.  I am
hopeful that my son can help me when he comes home for Thanksgiving.

Alys Katha...I'm disappeari...