SC - GWW

Lilinah biti-Anat lilinah at grin.net
Tue Nov 9 17:08:28 PST 1999

I'm sure this is a really dumd question, but I will ask anyway, is
the beer for drinnking purposes or do you put it in with the milk and
cheese?

Thanks
Fiona

Here's the recipe I have for the dish.

Welsh Rarebit / "Caws Pobi" (Toasted Cheese).

    4 oz Grated Cheese
    3 tablespoonfuls milk
    1 oz butter
    Pepper (white) and salt (mustard if desired)
    Slices of Toasted bread
      A little beer (if desired)

Place cheese and milk in saucepan and melt slowly.  Add butter, salt and
pepper.  When piping hot, pour over the toast and brown under the grill.

Elysant