SC - TACT

Richard Kappler II rkappler at home.com
Thu Nov 11 15:45:47 PST 1999

>>All of these ideas are good ones but could someone correct my memory here.
Was not the intention of the original post regarding this subject to provide
a sort of subtlety that would appear for all intent and purposes like a
normal egg with the recipients being able to crack and remove the real shell
to be astounded with contents that they little expected?

Yes it was, I believe.  I have a suggestion, but it will only work for head
table, because of the cost involved.  Take your fresh (real) eggs and tap
off the wide end with a sharp knife.  It may help to soft-boil the eggs
first, I don't know.  Clean out the shell, being careful not to crack the
shell any further.  It should now be easier (bigger hole) to wash the shell
however is appropriate to make it food safe.  Fill the egg with chocolate
or whatever else you are trying for.  If needed, seal the bottom of the egg
with fruit leather or chocolate or sugar paste or something else edible
that will stick to the bottom and hold the contents in.  Put the prepared
egg in an EGG CUP.  Let your special guests tap the TOP of the egg off to
discover the surprise waiting inside.  Now that I think of it, you could
maybe use this technique and paint the bottom white (with edible colors, of
course) to match the shell so it looks like the egg is still intact.  Maybe
in this manner you could afford to do eggs for the populace.  It is not
perfect and it won't pass close inspection and is time intensive, but maybe
it will work.

So, are egg cups period?  :)

Yana (Ilyana Barsova)  jdmiller2 at students.wisc.edu
         http://www.sit.wisc.edu/~jdmiller2
"Shchi da kasha, pischa nasha"
       -- Cabbage soup and kasha are our native food