SC - Re: survival/ camp cooking

cclark@vicon.net cclark at vicon.net
Sat Nov 13 16:41:34 PST 1999

As a feastocrat, my experience is quite different.  I prepare the feast
as I want but for people with health concerns I prepare separate dishes
that they can eat.   Over the last 5 years about 50% of those who
contact me fail to show up at the event and I have done extra work
without any notice that they aren't coming.  I will always do the extra
work but the feastocrat deserves courtesy as well.  Admittedly there
will occasionally be unavaoidable car trouble/health/etc but I just did
a feast where one person was highly allergic to citrus acid and the camp
was too far for that individual to eat off site.  We prepared special
items for this person, carefully labeled it all, and they did not show.
Oh, well, I did learn about how much citric acid is used in everything.
That was an eye opener.

I am sorry about your experience and hope that the feastocrats you deal
with will be more understanding.  My husband is a chirurgeon so I have a
vested interest in not sending him any patients (I do his papework).

Rovena