SC - Couple of OOP questions..

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sun Nov 14 14:45:32 PST 1999

> Are the handles actually plastic? If they are Bakelite or something similar
> then possibly the unit was meant to be soaked in water and then put in the
> oven. I have a large La Cotta casserole with cover that is soaked and then
> you put your meat or whatever in it and put it in the oven. The oval shape
> and small depth of this one sounds as if it might be used for fish in the
> same way...just a thought.

They are white and soft enough that I could cut/nick them with my
thumbnail. They are a close end tube slid over the metal handles, and
slid off with some slight effort, but they also help keep the two strips
of metal forming the handle together, along with one small bolt.

Except for the handle material, I'd fully expect this to go into an
oven. I don't recall is the other versions I've seen in other second
hand stores were oven proof.

One small detail, the two handles angle slightly away from each other
when this thing is closed, touching at the rim and about 1" apart at the
ends of the handles. There's actually enough flex to press the handles
together.

Seumas