SC - new books arrived

Jenn/Yana jdmiller2 at students.wisc.edu
Mon Nov 15 18:26:45 PST 1999

Hauviette,

I have no idea how much you know about winemaking, so forgive me if I'm
stating the obvious and you wanted documented explanations of exactly how it
is done in the case of the Amarone - but submerged cap basically means using
something such as headboards (not that common these days) to hold the cap of
fermenting skins and seeds below the top of the juice, to gain maximum color
and tannin extraction.

Kylie