SC - Early Period A&S Entries

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Tue Nov 16 13:24:05 PST 1999

Greeting,

I am still working on translating Marxen Rumpolts 1581 cookbook.  He has
several recipies for smoked meat and for smoked sausages.  Most of them
specify hanging in the smoke AWAY from the heat. (cant quote exactly, dont
have source at work) also mentions that the longer it hangs the longer it
will last.  I will double check to see if he mentions chimeneys anywhere

Gwen Catrin von Berlin
Caerthe