SC - Last unanswered Buffet menu

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Tue Nov 16 19:15:36 PST 1999

LrdRas at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 11/16/99 9:16:08 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> rushmaj at basf-corp.com writes:
>
> << Check your Kingdom's A&S criteria.  I believe the Midrealm's has a
> 'starting
>  date' so to speak.  If I remember correctly it caused a change in the Kingdom
>   Pentathlon champion in the recent past.  A very fine artisan had made
>  something (I don't remember the category) but that particular entry was
>  disqualified as the piece was too early. >>
>
> This makes no sense t me. When can Kingdom pronouncements, however off the
> wall and contrary to corporate pronouncements, have any real meaning?

Well, because the policy is being applied to Kingdom-level A&S
competitions, and they have their own rules, or at least their own ways
of interpreting Corpora. I believe Lady Philippa Farour had a run-in
with the A&S Powers That Be in the Midrealm concerning an assumed early
cut-off date. Again, the issue of cavemen was raised as a justification
for drawing a line at, what, 600 C.E., which seems silly to me, too.

Some of you will be ploeased to know that as far as I can determine, the
East Kingdom has no set A&S criteria (many of our A&S competitions are
older than any attempts to set same), even if one or two of our biggies
are now AEthelmearc's biggies. Basically we have traditional rules for
given events/competitions, but as far as I've been able to determine by
perusing the files from The Dawn Of Time, there are no set Kingdom
standards, and I think that apart from encouraging an increase in
personal standards for things like documentation, it would be a sad day
when I'm called upon to either set or enforce such criteria.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com