SC - Early Period A&S Entries

Jeff Gedney JGedney at dictaphone.com
Wed Nov 17 06:29:27 PST 1999

In a message dated 11/16/99 9:36:55 PM Eastern Standard Time, LrdRas at aol.com
writes:

<< This makes no sense t me. When can Kingdom pronouncements, however off the
 wall and contrary to corporate pronouncements, have any real meaning?

This A&S thing from Mid tickled my "What????!" bone.  So I looked it up.
Basically, as long as the Kingdom A&S rules are not part of Kingdom Law, they
fall under the dubious category of "tradition" and can get away with whatever
they want to foist off on the populace.  However disturbing this may be,
unless pressure from said populace forces a change to "tradition", it'll
stand.  I dunno how it is in the rest of the Known World, but in Trimaris the
Kingdom A&S rules aren't part of Kingdom Law at all.  Corpora simply states
that Kingdom Laws can't be put into place which are counter to Corpora.  It
says nothing about the "traditions" of the Kingdoms.  It seems to be one of
those many gray areas Corpora contains in the name of Kingdom autonomy.
Personally, I think disqualification of someone's efforts due to being too
"early" is heinous and rebellion should follow without hesitation. But then,
I'm a Celt.  };-)

Walk in peace,
Wolfmother