SC - French toast?

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 17 11:58:03 PST 1999

I was only commenting on the simile.

I might suggest that Platina's demise in 1481 probably has more to do with
his not using maize than being non-progressive.

Da Vinci was known to be very progressive and might have actually used maize
for polenta.  In the 23 years after maize was introduced to Europe, Leonardo
lived primarily in Genoa (Milan) and Tuscany (Florence).  Since Tuscany
adopted the grain early on, it is possible that he encountered and used the
grain.

Bear