SC - Index to Gerard's herbal

Peldyn@aol.com Peldyn at aol.com
Fri Nov 19 19:18:03 PST 1999

In a message dated 11/19/99 11:57:51 AM Eastern Standard Time,
JGedney at dictaphone.com writes:

<< It was explained in a very general way to John Sparke, who was the
 Chronicaller for the voyages of John Hawkins, and specifically his efforts
 locate and relieve the a settlement of French Heugenots who were in Florida.
 (They had to leave altogether because of the Spanish)
 I will try to find my references on this. This was also the trip that
brought
 tobacco and Hammocks to the attention of the English Navie.

 Brandu >>

There is a possibility that he could have found maple sugar in Florida. The
Seminole borders extewnded far enough north for they and the Iroquois tribes
to have traded.

Ras