SC - Ducks and Quinces

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sat Nov 20 15:21:08 PST 1999

On Mon, 15 Nov 1999, Richard Kappler II wrote:
> Henisch speaks of the gluttony on Shrove Tuesday to get rid of all the
> perishables before lent begins.  One of her passages involves a recipe that
> sounds much to me like French Toast:

I promised to post the payn perduez from _The Tudor Kitchens Cookery Book:
Hampton Court Palace_, but it is the same original posted by Christianna:
by T. Austin, _Two Fifteenth Century Cookery Books_, 1888.

Since I don't have a recipe to post, I'll post a book sale from my junk
mail.

Since I have not yet received A Mediterranean Feast, I do not know exactly
what period it covers.  Perhaps someone out there knows.

_A Mediterranean Feast_, Clifford Wright
Hardback, 832pp. List: $35.00, Sale: $24.50, item number R105

"A sweeping Mediterranean culinary history and ccokbook of extraordinay
scope from Clifford Wright, cookbook author, food writer and research
scholar.  The 500 recipes adapted for today's kitchen show the culinary
ingenuity and indulgence of peasant kitchens and merchant pantries.
Historical artwork and maps."

I ordered mine from Jessica's Biscuit: 800/878-4264

I was extremely pleased w/ their previous sale book (Santich's book, I
posted that one last month), so I assume this will also be a remaindered
book in new/excellent condition.

Apparently, they have a site: www.ecookbooks.com/  I have never been to
that site, but I plan to do some surfing over Thanksgiving.

Off to make payn perduez for the kidz,

Ariann