SC - medicinal cooking

Mike Young uther at lcc.net
Tue Nov 23 19:24:53 PST 1999

> I remember reading something about an orange
> studded with cloves.... If you handed it to someone
> and if they bit off a clove and chewed on it they
> were "interested."  But for dessert... uumm.

I'm afraid you are talking about an SCA game only. There is no evidence
of cloved fruit being used this way in period. The story of the first
cloved fruit in the SCA (and the apology of the inventor) can be found in
this file in the ENTERTAINMENT section of my Florilegium:
cloved-fruit-msg  (13K)  9/29/99    Period cloved fruit. Origin of the SCA game.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net