SC - Can someone help her?

Mordonna22@aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Tue Nov 23 21:00:33 PST 1999

>Just a reminder that Florida is a loooong state, and encompasses
>several climates. Tara
>Third-generation Floridian - who remembers snow in Miami in '74.

I've lived in NC for 20 years, the first 6 were in the Appalachian
foothills. But the only white christmas I've ever had was in Jacksonville,
FL.  '89 I think, or '90.  My parent's have a cute picture of the girls in
the snow that people always assume was taken up here.

Still, it's rare enough in Jacksonville that in when it snowed in '76 or '77
all us 6th graders walked outdoors, coatless, in a kind of silent wonder to
stare at it coming down and marvel at what it looked like in our hair or on
our skin.  Our teacher, from Rochester NY, was not amused.  I'd only seen it
once before then and it melted about 2 feet above the ground that year.
'72/'73.

Bonne