SC - Thanksgiving & Cooking gifts

Shari pndarvis at execpc.com
Wed Nov 24 11:55:27 PST 1999

Hi Ho kitchen artists,

Well here in the States our Thanksgiving holiday is upon us. Every
cooking show on the Food Network is filled with Thanksgiving topics.
(My favorite being the one where they took a bunch of misconceptions
of the first Thanksgiving dinner and explained what the Pilgrims really
ate.)

So is anyone doing a period dish for the traditional Thanksgiving
dinner?
I would have but I just thought of this and I have fighter practice all
night tonight so I'm just bringing cornbread dressing, mashed potatoes,
and that wonderful hot spinach salad recently posted here. As well as
 a nice Chardonnay. Since I will be having dinner at Sara and Alys' I
even bought myself a 10 lb turkey because I love the leftovers and
doing stuff with turkey.

So what is everyone's Thanksgiving plans? I know we discussed this
last year but I have no objections to a tradition forming. And to our
bretheren overseas, do you wonder what the traditional American
Thanksgiving meal is? What traditional meals do you eat? What
were some "traditions" eaten in period?

I'm thinking of getting a nice chef's knife for Alys. I'm thinking
of a 6" decent knife.  Any suggestions for less than $60?

Yers,

Gunthar