SC - Thanksgiving

Terri Spencer taracook at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 24 15:27:52 PST 1999

For Hildegard von Bingen's medicinal writings, try:

Hildegard Von Bingen's Physica : The Complete English Translation of
Her Classic Work on Health and Healing
Priscilla Throop (Translator)
Paperback - 240 pages (October 1998)
ISBN: 0892816619

It's not really recipes, more a listing of health problems/conditions
with some humoral theory as to causes and her recommended treatments,
including herbal remedies.  Amazon.com has it, but their search engine
doesn't want to admit it.  My search also brought up this book:

>From Saint Hildegard's Kitchen : Foods of Health, Foods of Joy
by Jany Fournier-Rosset
List Price: $24.95
Hardcover - 224 pages (November 1999)
Liguori Publications; ISBN: 0764804863

Has anyone seen/heard anything about it?

Tara

and "ana l. valdes" <agora at algonet.se> wrote:

In Hildegarde von Bingens writings you can find many natural medicine
and the description of herbs and stones medicinal properties.
<snip>
PS: I made a search at Amazon and found a lot of books by her and about
her, but anything I recognize as the medicinal writings...

gwyneth wrote:

In the back of Maggie Black's Medieval Cookbook is a chapter on
recipes for illnesses.  Could anyone recomend further readings on this
topic?