SC - Hildegard von Bingen / cookbook of Master Eberhard / new e-text

Thomas Gloning Thomas.Gloning at germanistik.uni-giessen.de
Thu Nov 25 14:53:29 PST 1999

It is a brittle candy, very hard, with peanuts in it.  If you give me your
address, I will mail you some.  It's quite inexpensive.  The brownish ones
are VERY hard and the pink ones are just hard.  I'm not sure how the
color/hardness relate.  I don't like peanuts and so have never eaten it
much.  It seems to be something everyone here in Texas LOVES so it's
everywhere and frankly I had no idea it was a regional thing.  We have
friends in Wisconsin and cheese curds seem to be the same kinda thing for
them.

thanks for the laugh,
gwyneth