SC - high grain all-natural vinegar?

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sat Nov 27 09:41:17 PST 1999

hi all from Anne-Marie

Turkey day in the emerald city consisted of my apartment, overrun with
neices who couldnt go outside becuase it was pouring rain (big suprise). I
had them sit at thekitchen table and string cranberries for the birds
instead :).

the menu was:
a 20 lb turkey (provided by my brothers employer), with cornbread apple
stuffing
white mashed potataoes made by my brother. who knew he knew what end of the
spoon to use? :)
smooshed yams with raw sugar and fresh nutmeg (fresh yams, of course :)).
there was some sighing by the girls that there were to be no marshmallows
or coconut...
gourd soup (butternut squash soup, garnished with asiago cheese)
spinach salad with gorganzolo, toasted pecans, dried cranberries and
mandarin oranges. Served with a balsamic vinegrette.
fresh rolls from the local bakery
new peas in the pod, a la menagier (snap peas cooked with bacon...a big hit
with teh food weenies in the audience)
home made giblet gravey a la Mom
pumpkin pie made by my sister in law Dee an avowed noncook. Yay for her! :)
chocolate pecan pie

I would have given a lot to have some experienced cooks in the house other
than me, but all in all, it went pretty well :).

hope everyone had a good holiday! Me, I'm enjoying a few hours of kid free
time :) before the Culinary GUild decends for our annual Wine Tour wine
tasting party. Doesnt get much better than this!

- --AM