SC - FOOD AND FEAST IN TUDOR ENGLAND

Seton1355@aol.com Seton1355 at aol.com
Sat Nov 27 19:55:17 PST 1999

In a message dated 11/27/99 10:07:01 PM Eastern Standard Time,
rkappler at home.com writes:

<< The first part of this is correct. >>

I beg to differ. The manufacturer says that 'high grain vinegar' is used. Did
you visit the McIlhenny site? The site has many answers to many questions.
Also my Tabasco sauce bottle, manufactured by the McIlhenny Company, which in
compliance to federal law lists the ingredients, clearly lists 'vinegar' as
one of the ingredients. There are many Tabasco recipes floating about but I
would be more prone to believe the company rather than any other source. If
the company does not post the correct ingredients then it would be removed
from the shelf immediately.

Ras