SC - white pepper

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sat Nov 27 23:01:24 PST 1999

Baron Akim replies to my request about getting any articles he has
about his medieval style garden:
> I am greatly flattered by your request for
> articles concerning my Elizabethean garden.

>  It resides
> somewhere in the bowels of my ancient Macintosh SE hard drive, which has
> been in a closet now for about a year.  this thing is so old (OS6) that even
> OS8 macs won't read disks of the files.  If I send it to you, it will have
> to be hard copy I fear for I never copied the files from my old mac to my
> PC.

A paper copy would work. I have OCR capability now. I could then send
a copy back to you for final checking and proofreading. There are often
numerous errors that creep in with OCR scanning or you might find that
there are changes you would like to make. Contact me by email and we
can make arrangements. I use Macs both at home and work so I could
read a floppy disk, but as you say I might have trouble reading a
disk from earlier versions of the OS.

Again, you may already be aware of the info in these files, but here
are some files in the PLANTS, HERBS AND SPICES section of my files
that might be of interest to you:
gardening-bib      (9K)  6/ 3/99    Bibliography on medieval gardening
                                       by Raisya Khorivovna.
p-agriculture-bib (19K)  3/23/99    Bibliography of period agricultural
                                       practices by Laurie Brandt (Pegasus)
p-herbals-msg     (30K)  4/ 2/99    Period herb books. Modern editions.
Palladius-art     (41K) 11/18/99    Palladius' treatise on gardening 1420.
roses-art         (36K)  5/15/97    "Sacred Iron Posies" by Daniel del Cavallo.
                                       (medieval roses).
saffron-art       (16K)  8/11/97    How to buy and select saffron by Tony Hill.

These will also let you see how I have handled other submissions.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net