SC - Turnips - again!

cclark@vicon.net cclark at vicon.net
Sun Nov 28 01:24:26 PST 1999

(Long contented sigh)::: Well, I have completely enjoyed
myself on this first full day on SCA-Cooks.  I haven't  had so
much fun about cooking since my mother picked up
a gag can of rattlesnake meat out of my pantry last spring,
thinking it was black olives.  It is a real pleasure to communicate
thoughts and experiences with such knowledgable cohorts.
The knowledge of period sources many of you have displayed
is awesome; especially the expertise in Latin and French.
Ras, you and Mordonna have made me feel very welcome.
Thank you.  I have also enjoyed the non-period recipes
posted as well.  My OOP gripe perhaps was premature and
somewhat intolerent, but I was unaware that so many on this
list are not active in the SCA.  Forgive me.
And lastly, thanks Christanna for vetting me so glowingly.  It
was your Yard posting that flagged me to SCA-Cooks
incidentally.  But please keep mum about the geese.

Akim Yaroslavich
"No glory comes without pain"