SC - Thanksgiving and Semi-Alternate Lifestyles (long)

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Sun Nov 28 11:53:56 PST 1999

LrdRas at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 11/28/99 8:23:43 AM Eastern Standard Time, troy at asan.com
> writes:
>
> << Nouvelle Cuisine (for the new
>  people on this list, that's what HG Cariadoc calls any European dish
>  from after ~1550, CE) >>
>
> Hmmm...I thought it was after 1450, personally. :-)
>
> Ras

Yeah, well,  you have a point. I think, though, that there's a small
niche of late medieval / pre-renaissance food represented in English
sources such as Boorde's Dietary of Helth and the Proper Newe Boke of
Cokery, which are kinda the missing link between medieval food and
Nouvelle Cuisine, which to me represents more 17th-century stuff like
Plat, Digby, that sort of thing, hence the 1550 date. YMMV.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com