SC - Introduction

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sun Nov 28 13:19:43 PST 1999

On a more pleasant note,  I always am looking for
documentation for feasts such that I can serve
a completely period, average American meal as the
feast.  Like a complete Thanksgiving traditional spread
or the wednesday night family of 4 evening meal (sans
hamberger helper).  In one of my books, I have a recipe
for macaroni cheese as prepared for Richard II in 1390
called "macrows".  The author also refers to C. Anne
Wilson for additional comments about the introduction of
this pasta in Italy.  Which one of C. Anne Wilson's books is
this in?
The recipe came out of a regular cookbook not a historical.
If anyone has ever seen a copy of ENGLISH PROVENTIAL
COOKING by Elisabeth Ayrton, Harper Row 1980, I suggest
 you grab it.  About a third of her recipes are documentable or
at least give you enough information that you can track down
her sources.  As this is a completely nonhistorical cookbook,
her documentation is not as good as we would want, but her
information and presentation is excellent.  If anyone is familiar
with this author, I would appreciate you opinion.

Akim
"No glory comes without pain"