SC - Christmas Pudding

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sun Nov 28 20:39:41 PST 1999

Seton1355 at aol.com wrote:

> I'm absolutly drooling after reading the account of your family feasts!!
>  It makes my feast tonight seem like poor fare!!!
> Phillipa

Never! I would not have you eating tref. True, it was yummy tref, but
you need not diss your own meal on my account. For the most part what we
ate throughout this whole thing was _fairly_ ordinary stuff, but it
could go either way. There's good turkey and bad turkey, and good and
bad lobster Cantonese. The trick is to make them good, and I'm sure you
did that. I didn't post for comparison, but more for a sense of the fact
that a lot of us were eating pretty similar stuff on Thanksgiving, and
perhaps we don't just do it for the food, per se, but for the social
end, the family thing, whatever that may mean to each of us. The number
and variety of dishes we had was primarily a function of numbers and the
fact that most people brought a dish or two.

As for the Toisan Thanksgiving meal, well, I just figured people might
be amused at the traditionalness of it all, or the apparent lack
thereof...but the above all applies to that too.

I didn't mean to make you feel bad; I'm sorry! I'm sure your own
experience and efforts were as wonderful for you.

Adamantius (gonna have to read those posts through an extra time from
now on, before sending)
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com