SC - Advent

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Mon Nov 29 09:37:59 PST 1999

> I suppose what I am sashaying around is a suggestion for a FAQ file
> Perhaps it could be sent out immediately when someone joins the
> list. Novices would know there was a place or places they could go with
their questions.  Perhaps a list of good reference books could be
included along with URL's for some helpful online resources?  Perhaps an
explanation of redaction and how it is done?  Perhaps some of you
specialize in a period or country and a novice would know where to direct
a question without the terror of asking the whole list? ...reference
books...
> Humbly donning her asbestos T-tunic before returning to her dark
> corner to await the flames,
>
> Juliana/Iu'liana

No flames warranted, my lady!  This is a wonderful suggestion, although
it would take someone like Stephan a lot of work to set it up (or whoever
took on that sort of thing).  Your questions and observations are quite
on-the-mark, and something we hear from newcomers, not only to the list,
but also from people who ask about getting started in period cooking in
person (at least they ask me those questions...) .  We have talked about
some sort of file organization before now, but I don't know how far that
got.
	But, keep up the good work, good ideas are always welcome!
	Mistress Christianna MacGrain, OP, Meridies