SC - Help for Novices - was Recipes 5 & 6

Christi Rigby christirigby at pcisys.net
Mon Nov 29 11:25:24 PST 1999

>From: Mary Morman >
>Pentecost is important to cooks because as a -season- it is not a fast.
>There are fast days within the season, but the whole many months of
>pentecost (summer and fall) are times when, except on specific fast days,
>you can eat meat and butter and milk, etc.
>
>elaina

As a catholic, I was taught that the birth wasn't in early winter as is
celebrated, but that "we" hid ourselves by hiding our religous observances
within the Hebrew calendar.   Just as well,  because it turned out to be
mighty convenient for the non-fasting season to coincide with the
summer/fall bounty and the longest fast to coincide with the late
winter/spring when fresh food is mostly not available and stored foods are
dwindling.

Bonne