SC - test test test

James Gilly / Alasdair mac Iain alasdair.maciain at snet.net
Tue Nov 30 13:52:02 PST 1999

>You forgot the snakes. Hey, folks, do you get the impression Ras really
>doesn't care for Beaujolais Nouveau, but kinda doesn't want to say so?

The snakes add flavor...

>It's okay, Ras, don't be shy! Lots of people do like it, though,
>especially many of those who drink more refined and aged wines the rest
>of the year. Hard to argue with the numbers. On the other hand, lots >of
>people like cola.

So what we here is a question of individual taste.  If you like it, you like
it, if you don't you don't.  I don't.  If I wanted to taste stems I'd
ferment my yard clippings...

But then again, that's my taste, I prefer Shiraz and Syrah, or the
occacional Merlot myself.  About as young as I like to get are grassy
whites.  I much grassy and unmellow herbal taste and I get the opinion that
it should be mown, not consumed.

>Seriously, though, some new wines are judged according to different
>criteria, and many cultures have prized them in their own right
>throughout history, and some still do. To negatively compare them for
>quality to aged wines is like saying a beautiful platter of sashimi
>still cold from the ocean is just more incompetently cooked fish.

And there are those who refuse to eat organ meats because they're "junk."
Imagine comparing a peice of overcooked beef-liver to a nicely prepared
peice of veal liver or goose-liver...

Hey, there are people who drink American War-ration style Pilsners and think
it's the best thing out there.  To each their own...

Cadoc
Cadoc MacDairi, Mountain Confederation, ACG

" New blood joins this earth
  It quickly is subdued
  Through constant pained disgrace
  The young boy learns their rules..."