SC - winter thoughts

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Nov 30 22:14:19 PST 1999

Mordonna22 at aol.com wrote:

> I eas born and raised in Georgia, and I don't have an accent, either.  It's
> all the rest of you who talk funny.

My college US history prof was from "a long line of K'ntucky t'baccy
farmers.."  He would begin the lecture on the causes of the US Civil War
with "Do I sound different to you?" (He had a mild 'Tucky accent that he
could turn up when he wanted). Seque into what were and were not
differences between North and South _people_ that they would be willing
to shoot at each other over them.

Seumas