SC - Fwd: Books whose subject words include "food, history"

Mon Nov 1 07:59:55 PST 1999

I'm not sure, but this appears to be translation of a French treatise on
bread which appears in a number of bibliographies.  I was contemplating
purchasing the book in French and having a friend of mine assist in
translating it, since I am researching medieval and renaissance baking
practices..

The book is not a cookbook.  It is a history with a few recipes (20 or so)
tossed in.  Unless you are seriously into bread and its history, the book is
a little pricey.

Dupaigne is a noted historian, based in Paris.  The Roder's I don't know,
but they appear to be the translators.

Bear

>     Interesting list of new books from Amazon......... Anyone know enough
> about the titles/authors to comment on them? Time to start working on
> Christmas lists! ;-)
>
>             Ldy Diana

"History of Bread"

by

Dupaigne, Bernard Dupaigne, Sylvie Roder, Tony Roder