SC - eel

Lilinah biti-Anat lilinah at grin.net
Thu Nov 4 00:22:34 PST 1999

>Hi y'all!
>
>With the talk of eel pies, I can only think of England's Henry I, who
>supposedly died after eating a 'surfeit of lampreys'. Not quite eels,
>but close enough.
>
>'Lainie

And there's one of those endless olde Englyshe ballades that goes on
interminably about Lord XXX (no, not censored, just he seems to have
a different name depending when and where the ballad was collected).
He was killed, in at least one version, by eating (poisoned) eel. Oh,
mother, make my bed, for i fain would lie doon, or something like
that.

I s'pose you could have someone serenade the diners with it - that
would certainly encourage appetites.

Anahita
whose eyes hurt and is having trouble focusing
what'd i do with those eye drops?