SC - A different kind of historical recreation

Wanda Pease wandapease at bigfoot.com
Mon Nov 8 18:24:20 PST 1999

Err... swallowing hard...  Fabulous Feasts, How to Cook Forsoothly,To the
Kings Taste and to the Queen's Taste, Loaves and Fishes, foods from Biblical
Times and The Delectable Past for sources.  Roast Cornish Game hen (hey,
they were cheap and the butcher would cut them in half), Leek soup done with
crushed lasagna noodles instead of potatoes, quiche, roast venison (three
red deer donated by the local Baron of Lauterbach (real, and German), Barley
Pilaf, mushrooms stuffed with chopped meat and herbs, carrot sticks, rolls.
Gee, that doesn't seem like it would take four solid days preparation and
cooking and no sleep... must have been more than that, but the memory goes
after the first 72 hours, and it was almost exactly 20 years.

Regina Romsey, 5th Viscountess Drachenwald