SC - grilled cheese sandwiches

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Tue Nov 16 16:43:34 PST 1999

In a message dated 11/15/99 10:48:54 PM Eastern Standard Time,
magdlena at earthlink.net writes:

<< Platina 8.61  Another (8.60 Fried Cheese)

 Place pieces of bread, well-toasted on both sides, in a pot in layers,
 and spread pieces of cheese as if on a board.  When it is placed on the
 hearth, cover it with an earthenware lid.  Sprinkle the melted cheese
 with sugar, cinnamon, and ginger, and eat at once if you want something
 bad, for it is difficult to digest, nourishes badly, and generates
 blockages and stone. >>

Sounds like medieval comfort food to me!  Anybody else here who craves
"bad-for-you" food when stressed out?  Mine is potato skins.

Actually, this sounds more like what I've heard called cheese strata at one
of the places I used to work.  Layered bread and cheese, baked.

Brangwayna Morgan