SC - Re: French Toast

Jessica Tiffin jessica at beattie.uct.ac.za
Thu Nov 18 09:52:58 PST 1999

> > Here's a question to ask the whole lot of you:  What do you put on French
> > Toast?
Syrup was always the topping of choice when I was at boarding school,
but personally I like it with bacon and grilled tomato... or straight
up, cooked in bacon fat and sprinkled with garlic salt.  Call me
odd.  I also have a rather nice recipe which grills the egg-soaked
bread in the oven, and then serves it with a marmalade and
brandy sauce - I'm not sure if it still counts as french toast within
the meaning of the act...

Jehanne

Lady Jehanne de Huguenin  *  Seneschal, Shire of Adamastor, Cape Town
(Jessica Tiffin, University of Cape Town)
Sable, three owls rising argent, each maintaining a willow slip vert.
users.iafrica.com/m/me/melisant/stidings.htm