SC - French toast?

Diana Haven tantra at optonline.net
Thu Nov 18 16:16:47 PST 1999

sorry 'bout that!  I was pressed for time when I typed that - here is
the recipe:
1 lb unsliced loaf french bread
2 1-1.5 ounce milk chocolate bars
1/3 cup chopped pistachios
1.5 cups graham cracker crumbs
8 beaten eggs
2 cups milk
cinnamon to taste (1teaspoon or more)
syrup, powdered sugar or whipped cream

cut french bread into approximately 12 slices - each about 1.5 inches
thick.  Cut a pocket in each slice by starting from the bottom crust and
cutting horizontally to, but not
through the crust.  break candy bars into 12 pieces.  fill each bread
pocket with 1 piece of candy and 1 rounded teaspoon of nuts.  beat eggs,
milk & cinnamon in a shallow
bowl.  Dip bread into egg mixture, letting bread remain in mixture about
15 secs on each side.  Dip bread into graham crackers.  Bake 450 degrees
about 6 minutes or until
golden brown.  turn slices over and bake for 5 more minutes.  serve
immediately