SC - OT- interesting catalog

Devra at aol.com Devra at aol.com
Thu Nov 18 18:57:26 PST 1999

Dear Friends,

Just thought I'd mention an intersting new food catalog I received, from GOLD
MINE Organic Food Co (800-475-3663)--7805 Arjons Dr San Diego CA 92126-4368. w
ww.goldminenaturalfood.com

    Among the other interesting items I noticed were:

    chestnut flour
    Job's Tears (hato mugi)
    teff ("the smallest grain in the world"
    two kinds of red rice and two kinds of black rice
    spelt
    three kinds of naked barley
    hempseed
    Fleur de sel, Celtic coarse light grey sea salt, French Atlantic sea salt
    dulse
    organic rice bran

and a number of other exotic, bizaare (a stone hand-turned grain mill? a
solar oven?) items.  (a ceramic spickling crock?)

Seems worth checking into---  :-}

Devra the Baker
Poison Pen Press  --fine historical cookbooks
www.poisonpnepress.com