SC - period paintings showing pancakes and waffles

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Fri Nov 19 23:19:33 PST 1999

> Waffles are period too.  So are pancakes.  There are
> quite a few paintings with people holding, making and
> eating waffles and pancakes.
>
> Huette

Oh? Sounds like some of the comments on pretzels. While we can see
what looks like pretzels in the pictures, we don't know that they
were made the same way or taste like modern pretzels.

And like period toys, where I have a list of paintings in which
they can be found in my toys-msg file, I would be interested in a
listing of some of these period paintings that picture waffles or
pancakes. Any idea what they would have used on top of them, Maple
syrup being from North America and I assume out of period.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net