SC - French toast and book sale

Lilinah biti-Anat lilinah at grin.net
Sat Nov 20 17:01:09 PST 1999

Ariann wrote:
>I ordered mine from Jessica's Biscuit: 800/878-4264
>
>I was extremely pleased w/ their previous sale book (Santich's book, I
>posted that one last month), so I assume this will also be a remaindered
>book in new/excellent condition.
>
>Apparently, they have a site: http://www.ecookbooks.com/  I have never been to
>that site, but I plan to do some surfing over Thanksgiving.

Thanks for the URL. I was poking around the site and found this on
sale and thought it might be of interest to some of the food
historians on the list:

(begin quote from the site)
"Cod: A Biography of the Fish That Changed the World"
by Kurlansky, Mark
Published: 07/01/98
$5.98 / Regularly $11.95 (US dollars)
Beard Award! Must-read book reveals importance of this fish in world
history. Classic recipes.
(end quote)

Anahita