SC - Thanksgiving

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Nov 24 20:17:43 PST 1999

Here we go again.

I'm a little embarrassed.

I have no idea, for the most part, what the 28 or so of us are having
for Thanksgiving dinner. I've been instructed, though, by the powers
that be, to bring ten-to-fifteen pounds worth of mashed potatoes
(Idahoes mashed with heavy cream, butter, a whole head of garlic
simmered with the potatoes and run through a food mill with the spuds,
copious s&p), and those same powers that be are grudgingly allowing me
to bring my own feeble shade of my mom's apple pie, to free her up for
the important business of making pumpkin, lemon, and chocolate pies.
Life is hard...

On my own initiative I'm bringing pan-roasted acorn squash, fresh from
the farm (well, this morning) with fresh thyme, thick green olive oil
from Tuscany, lotsa Kosher salt and pepper, as well as some Grand
Marnier cranberry sauce.

Oh, and some eight-year-old oak-aged sack mead, and some home-made
cherry wine.

Rumor has it one of my sisters will be bringing her favorite hot lentil
salad that she got out of the Provencale vegetarian cookbook I gave her
a couple of years ago, which has since become her favorite cookbook. Do
I even remember the title? Of course not...

Happy Holiday, all!

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy