SC - Turkey Day post-mortem

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Fri Nov 26 13:09:53 PST 1999

Hello folks!

The turkey died, was cooked, and large quantities were eaten. The
stuffing had onions, celery, apples, mushrooms, golden raisins,
cranberries, pecans, rosemary, sage, thyme, and parsley, and was YUMMY.
(I didn't put in currants because I couldn't remember where they were- I
think tucked away in tourney gear). Gravy was good- though I got a
little happy with the pepper. Minor disaster- despite searching high and
low, my baster declined to appear for duty, and it was somewhat annoying
to have to pour drippings out of the heavy pan instead of vacuuming it
up with the baster.

Potatoes and cranberries- yummy. Armoured turnips- yummy. Jello salad-
ditto. Spinach tarts were good, but a new addition and therefore Foreign
and Suspect. Rotrude remarked that they'd be great for lunch. I froze
the extras, thinking that she's right and they'd certainly cheaper than
the ones you buy in the freezer case. The pumpkin pie was good too,
though by that point I just wanted a nap. In fact I did nap, head down
on the table, while James and the kids played Parcheesi.

I have decided that having another adult around who is more than
competent in the the kitchen himself is a WONDERFUL thing. We kept
washing up as we went along and today the kitchen has stuff to do, but
it is by no means the usual disaster. Besides, getting kisses while
cooking is very motivational!

Hope you all had a delightful holiday! (And Puck? Hug your dog. I think
he needs it.)

'Lainie