SC - Christmas Pudding

Mary Morman memorman at oldcolo.com
Sun Nov 28 19:45:09 PST 1999

advent is the period of the four sundays before christmas.  it is a
moveable feast depending on what day christmas falls on.  each of the four
sundays has special prayers and invocations.

the last sunday before advent is christ the king sunday, which is also a
moveable feast as it is scheduled depending on when the first sunday of
advent falls which in turn depends on when christmas falls.  christ the
king sunday is the last sunday of pentecost - the longest of the church
seasons.

just to make this not OT, in period advent was a time of fasting (like
lent) followed by the "feast" days of christmas and epiphany, then round
the fasting in lent again.

elaina