SC - folger bookstore

Mary Morman memorman at oldcolo.com
Mon Nov 29 06:59:16 PST 1999

On Sun, 28 Nov 1999 LrdRas at aol.com wrote:

> << Not exactly true.  The exhibit catalog, which I ordered by mail from the
>  folger, has a transcription of one of the unpublished (in modern days)
>  Elizabethan recipe/household books.
>
>  elaina >>
>
> Which one? If it is of interest. I will order the catalog.
>
> Ras

you go to https://www.shakespeare-etc.org/ and search for "Fooles".

There are two appendices to the catalog - one is a transcript of "Sarah
Longe, her receipt book" which is dated 1610 and seems to be a handwritten
and previously unpublished manuscript.  This is the one that most
interested me.  The other is a Hannah Wooley extract about household
servants from the late 17th century.

elaina