OT Re: SC - seasonal hazards...

Liam Fisher macdairi at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 1 09:01:00 PST 1999

>I _hate_ when that happens. Yeah, it's horrendous when you portray
>previously helpless children learning to act in and manipulate their
>environment in a positive way, fighting evil and preserving life in >the
>bargain, when you portray wizardry in a [purely non-religious] >way that
>doesn't equate it with cartoon Satanism, and when you >suggest that school,
>for all its definite social hazards, can still >be a fun, nurturing, and
>valuable experience.

Wow, imagine children being portrayed as empowered and having some control
of their destiny and future, whatsoever shall the neighbors think...purely
scandalous, we can't have that happening...

>Thomas Jefferson would have hatedthem, too, because they portrtay
> >disrespect for those authority figures that deserve no respect beyond
> >lip-service, and the greatest genuine respect for those that actually
> >deserve it. That really stinks, doesn't it? These books should be >banned
>and burned.

Seems to be the way to go, follow the crowd, live like sheep and all
that...try not to think too hard, that's not approved of.  Deviation from
the mean will be cause for concern and discipline.

On a more serious note, I've seen it before, the Mormon Church made it a sin
to play any product by White Wolf games, you can't even buy them in in the
Salt Lake area, the state government made it illegal to sell them.  A friend
of mine who was a missionary filled me in why his local Elders disliked me
so much... *grins*

>And it is my further considered opinion that Carthage should be
>destroyed... ;  )

I'll second that opinion and lend a hand once we get the Romans out of
Eire...

Cadoc
Cadoc MacDairi, Mountain Confederation, ACG

" Well you want to go out
  'cause it's raining and blowing
  You can't go out
  'cause your roots are showing