SC - CookCon

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Tue Nov 2 23:18:37 PST 1999

cclark at vicon.net wrote:

> 'Lainie wrote:
> > ... a turnip, a parsnip, and an obscenely-shaped rutabega. ...
>
> Were those on your head too? I can just imagine: the ladyslugge in the
> tutti-rootie hat.
>
> Alex Clark/Henry of Maldon

No, they weren't on my hat. They were in a platter of gifts- Slug foods.
There was a stalk of Brussels sprouts , which I called 'curious
vegetables from Flanders'- Her Majesty said "Ooo! They grow on trees!",
some beets with the greens, some tomatoes on the vine, a small pot of
pansies (for fresh food), bananas (which Her Majesty immediately put on
her head in a display of unusually good taste), and for the Baron
Gwilym, who HATES turnips, etc., and has banished them, one each of his
un-favorites- a turnip, a parsnip, and a rutabega. The Rutabega was
shaped like the Venus of Villendorf statue and was quite, er,
suggestive. Anyway, Peace and Goodwill was discussed and arrived at
between the Queen of the SLUGS and the Crown of An Tir. Good time was
had by all, and this time no assaults! (My student, a lady fighter of
considerable prowess, was there just in case.) And many were amazed at
the expanse of skin that Queen Carmen displayed- the more gentle
Honorable Lady Elaine would _NEVER_ be so unseemly! ;-)

So, does that satisfy your curiosity, Henry?

'Lainie/Carmen