SC - CookCon

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Wed Nov 3 13:56:55 PST 1999

> Basic it may be, but a conference needs something for everyone, including
> beginners.  By adding the appropriate historical references and technical
> information about sauces preparation (consistency, binders, etc.), I think a
> nice academic presentation for cooks who seldom prepare sauces or who are
> new to historical recipes.

Interesting concept. I may use that for another King's College type class. A
bit more advanced study. The original class was just to introduce various
sauces and their ease of preparation as well as giving cooks more ideas on
how to make a meat more period.

Perhaps two classes, first detailing the use, preparation and history of sauces

in an academic setting and then a second class held in the kitchen actually
preparing and tasting these sauces.

I'm already doing a class for Northern Regional on demo fighting. Maybe I
can work in something else...

> Ah well, unlike you, they don't need me at Coronation and I had committed to
> Colorado Springs before they got Coronation scheduled.  May you have better
> luck next time.

Well Coronation is important but my use as a Count and Knight is limited but my

assistance with the feast that night is more important. Plus, Drake was my
Champion and I knighted him so I have a bit of a fatherly interest in his
elevation.

> Bear

Yers

Gunthar

PS. I got the Dutch 17th Century cookbook in this week. I haven't had too much
of an opportunity to peruse it but so far it looks fascinating.