SC - Los Dias de los Muertos - Samhain

Liam Fisher macdairi at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 4 08:43:22 PST 1999

>We still do this in Wales.  We carve swedes (rutabagas) instead of
>pumpkins.
>We also traditionally have "bobbing for apples" in water and trying to bite
>an apple on a string as games in "Halloween" parties.  I don't know the
>origin of those particular rituals though.

jack o'lanterns come from Smiling Jack I believe, I'll look up the legend
before going further...I just got done reading something on all of this and
can't for the life of me remember what it was...been reading Netware 5
manuals all week for a contract job *sighs*

Cadoc
Cadoc MacDairi, Mountain Confederation, ACG

" Well you want to go out
  'cause it's raining and blowing
  You can't go out
  'cause your roots are showing